Rowing is the one of the most graceful, mentally and physically beneficial, life-long sport.
· It uses all the major muscle groups and is low-impact, and highly aerobic.
· It is a sport enjoyed by a wide range of age groups. Youth as young as seven and 90 year olds have been known to compete in local and/or international regattas.
· Adaptive rowing is also enjoyed by differently-abled athletes and is a Paralympics sport.
· With the advent of the recreational rowing shell, it is no longer just an exclusive, collegiate sport.
· It is one of the fastest growing sports with rowing clubs appearing along waterways all over the country.
The Basics of Rowing